L.W. Tank Repair, Inc. a full service cargo tank sales and service facility has an immediate opening for a service technician / heavy vehicle mechanic. We are seeking a professional, self-motivated, organized, technician with good communication skills. This is a great opportunity if you enjoy a fast paced, team oriented, dynamic work environment that offers a wide variety of repair and maintenance functions on trucks, trailers and bulk commodity handling equipment.
- Possess and maintain a valid Commercial Motor Vehicle License, Class B is preferred but not required.
- Mass. inspector’s license is a plus but not required.
- Must demonstrate efficient, high quality workmanship in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with company specifications and in accordance with DOT, OSHA and other industry standards.
- Proficiency in the installation, replacement and service of heavy truck and trailer suspensions and brake systems including ABS systems preferred
- The ability to perform a wide variety of maintenance and diagnostic functions on bulk liquid handling equipment; PTO’s, pumps, meters, reels etc.
- Demonstrate the ability to diagnose and repair air, hydraulic and electrical systems.
- The ability to perform detailed inspections and preventative maintenance service a must.
- Provide your own hand tools.
- Demonstrate the ability to and have knowledge of heavy truck power train a plus but not required.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent required