LW Tank Repair seeks an experienced full time, high quality commercial truck painter.
GENERAL JOB SUMMARY:
To operate a spray painter to apply industrial paint finishes to parts, sub-assemblies, partial or completed trucks and trailers to achieve quality and integrity of products at the lowest possible cost.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Receives instructions verbally or from layouts of detailed prints
- Receives parts, sub-assemblies and partial or completed units at work station
- May prepare unit for painting by performing various tasks including, dismantling equipment, washing/rinsing, drying, removing masking, additional masking, tacking, sanding, re-assembling equipment, and cleaning
- Performs check to ensure units, parts, and assemblies are properly prepared before painting.
- May involve material handling (i.e., moving units in paint area and in and out of sandblast booth, spray booths: placing parts on racks for painting and drying)
- Selects and mixes paint to desired consistency, as well as, body filler and hardener
- Clean spray room, adjusts and cleans spray guns, pumps, and tanks as required
- May perform various operations such as hand buffing, applying spot primer,
- Performs spray operation for both primer and finish coats.
- Exercises care to apply paint to specified thickness and avoid runs, especially during the application of finish coats that must meet company and paint manufacturers standards and specifications.
- Maintains proper inventory of supplies, assist in controlling inventory levels and charging out product, checks shelf life of paint prior to use.
- Responsible for meeting appropriate quality standards
- May perform tests to ensure compliance
- Uses various equipment and tools which may include paint brushes, spray guns, pumps, spray booth, air make up unit, solvent recovery machine, power sander, electric lift trucks, and other machines and equipment as needed
- Demonstrates safe practice when using ladders and in the use of respiration devices
- Maintains a clean and safe work area
Experience and Skills:
WORK ENVIROMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Shop Floor environment
Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time
Ability to perform repetitive motion (rotating wrists, keyboarding, using small/large tools)
Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Ability to tolerate constant noise (i.e.: machine motors)
Ability to work safely in the presence of hazardous chemicals and hazardous conditions